A sincere thank you goes out to my sweet friend, Ellie of https://newcreationsministries.wordpress.com for this lovely award. We have become friends via our blogs, and our hearts for Jesus Christ. We hope we will meet sometime “on this side of heaven.” The award was created by Joe Rodriguez of Lighthouse Devotions,
http://www.lighthousedevotions.blog (one of the rules is to mention him in your prepared acceptance post.) So thank you Joe for creating an encouraging award. All who post this to our site strive to motivate others to become their best self, pleasing to our Lord.
The Rules for Acceptance:
- Save and add the award image (pictured here) on your blog.
- Create a page/post to mention the award nomination and thank the person/blog that nominated you. Make sure you provide a link to their site.
- Give credit to the creator of the award (Lighthouse Devotions) and provide a link to the site as well. (http://www.Lighthousedevotions.blog)
- List the rules.
- Answer the next four questions on the same post:
- What three words would you use to describe your blog?
- In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
- What bible verse (quote it) talks about being a light in a dark and lost world?
- What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
- Nominate 7 or more people/blogs to receive the award. Briefly explain why you think they should receive it and provide a link to their sites.
- Contact them and let them know that you nominated them.
- Provide them with a link to the Rules page.
- Say a prayer thanking God for His light and ask that He continue to shine it through you and your blog.
- Keep shining the light of Christ wherever you go and in whatever you do!
Here are the answers to the above questions:
1. What three words would you use to describe your blog?
“Encouragement for Today”. In this world that is often chaotic and challenging, we all need to be reminded how much we are loved by the Father.
2. In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
I believe that our lives are to be that light. I can easily wear a tee shirt with a Christian theme, head to church every time the door opens…but if people cannot tell I am different, that I am a Christian without that only, then I am not a light. And we can LOVE. Love those that are not easy to love.
3. What bible verse (quote it) talks about being a light in a dark and lost world?
“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a consecrated nation, a [special] people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies [the wonderful deeds and virtues and perfections] of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” 1 Peter 2:9 AMP
If we know who we really are IN CHRIST, we cannot help but spill over into the dark world. Surrendering of our lives so that He can live His life through us is light!
4. What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
“Light Shine Bright” by Toby Mac with ft. Hollyn
“Lights shine bright everywhere we go
Music for the people, makin’ music for the people
Lights shine bright everywhere we go
Lights shine bright everywhere we go”
Everywhere we go, music for the people, makin’ music for the people
“Like A Match” by Toby Mac
“You and me, we gotta love
Hold nothing back
You and me, we gotta love”
Strike it up, like a matchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV7i9oQzSnI&list=PL-pXwbOlswQkfRmH3iwjokZh19eANzTAJ&index=23&t=0s
I am a part time radio announcer at a CCM station, so this list could go on and on!
My nominations in no particular order…..
- https://cindygrasso.com “Just a Minute”. Cindy always has encouragement for her readers, including me. She is short, sweet and to the point.
- https://karenfosterministry.com “Even in This” Karen’s honest perspective on life is a breath of fresh air. Encouragement to be sure.
- https://fearlessinjesuschrist.wordpress.com Joann Maxwell writes of her MS diagnosis with honesty, candor and her reliance on His strength.
- https://beautybeyondbones.com This lovely young woman, Caralyn, speaks truth from her heart and her life and her struggle with anorexia
- https://kristiann1.com Kristiann speaks of scripture and the gospel and Israel with a passion that is contagious.
These were my top five blogs. There are many others that are lights in this world. I only have time to read a few on a consistent basis…and that includes my dear friend mentioned in the first paragraph, Ellie and the one who created this encouraging award, Joe of Lighthouse Devotions. That makes my list of 7!
May we all be encouragement to one another in a world that most certainly needs it!
~Be Encouraged Today~
3 thoughts on “Thank you for the “Light of the World” Award”
Amen-Amein Thanks so much!! and God Bless You all my Sisters and Brothers in Christ-Messiah Jesus-Yeshua and Your Families and Friends!!
Love Always and Shalom ( Peace ), YSIC \o/
LikeLiked by 1 person
So beautifully written Tammy! Thank you. You certainly practice what you preach and all can certainly see your light shining bright for the Lord, ❤ (Two of those you mentioned are mutual friends and I look forward to reading the others and hopefully becoming friends as well.) 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ahhh…you are so kind. I know I will let people down, and I certainly don’t mean to..but I certainly try to be surrendered daily. There is one word that says it all…Jesus. Love you dear friend.
LikeLiked by 2 people