Parents, children and memories….as parents we do all we can to make memories for our children. And we do the best we can with what we have available to us. We take vacations to the beach, we make special crafts, we have one on one excursions, we have wonderful birthday parties….but alas,
They grow up.
Then they become adults and you learn what memories they really have…
10. What toys you wouldn’t let them have…
9. The TV programs they weren’t allowed to watch….
8. Bedtime rules that they deemed ridiculous….
7. Clothing that you wouldn’t spend money on without their contribution…
6. How you made them hug for five minutes when they argued..or had fist fights…
5. Food you prepared that they were made to eat…
4. Chores that were required to continue with residency in the house…
3. Discussions (arguments) they had with you that they actually felt they won…
2. Situations that took place when you were out of the house..
And the #1 thing that they will remember (and if they are boys share with written words in special occasion cards)…….
1. That they were loved without condition….
That my friends, is the most important thing my children should remember from their childhood. And after all, my Abba Father has given me a perfect example!
Isaiah 49:15-16 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.”
Now I know that the Top Ten list could easily be 20 or 30, but suffice it to say…if I were guessing, or a betting woman; some will be used if and when they have children of their own. We shall see……:)
IN CHRIST ALONE
*NIV Bible, personal graphics
3 thoughts on “Top Ten Things Children Remember”
That No. 1 is the most important of all. Material things can never take the place of love. Valuable time given to children is irreplaceable. Lovely post my lady.
Thank you so much JacquelineObylkocha! We have had a perfect example! Enjoy your day and I so appreciate you taking the time to comment.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are welcome. Regards 🙂